Collective Resiliency Summit 2021: Advancing a Cultural Renaissance
A Manifesto and Invitation
The reason I’ve been enamored with the term “renaissance” [in “feminist climate renaissance’] because so much of the language around how we talk about climate has been war metaphors. We’re going to fight it. We’re going to defeat it. We’re going to battle climate change.”
As opposed to ‘renaissance’ — which has the dual implication of being artistic and creative, but also being about rebirth. That is the way I want to think about our opportunities and our responsibility in shaping the future.”
-Dr. Ayana Elizabeth Johnson
Our first-ever summit last year brought together over 400 climate and sustainability professionals from around the world. This global community came together to demonstrate a commitment to placing Black Indigenous Women of Color (BIWOC) front and center in the sustainability industry.
The event included over 20 sponsors and partners as well as over 30 BIPOC speakers across technology, investment, social impact, advocacy, policy, academia, wellness, and other categories.
Building on this momentum but most importantly, aiming to be a collective that serves and creates space first and foremost for women of color, we believe:
- Creativity and culture are at the heart of reimagining and building solutions to revive Earth’s natural resources
- Community and collective brainstorming across the sustainability industry is critical to reaching climate goals.
- There is no war against the planet. There is only a battle to shift society’s fundamental views and values.
- Time matters and it is critical to envision new possibilities across businesses, organizations, and emerging industries.
We’ve experienced immense growth in 2020 during the global pandemic, resulting in a 5,000% increase in growth. Thanks to this incredible community of volunteers, members, and partners we now ask the question, what can we do that is different, impact-driven, and best represents the next chapter in this regenerative work.
In thinking about how we bring together people from different backgrounds, sectors, and experiences we know that the most beautiful ideas bloom from being seen and heard. This is why we are thrilled to announce that our 2-day annual Collective Resiliency Summit where will:
- Reimagine what is possible, not only what exists, through cultural experiences with artists who have always played a key role in shifting perspectives and inspiring a better future.
- Align business with the role of creative thinking and its importance in bringing to life a new way of measuring and valuing return.
- Foster valuable connections and opportunities for our community and those joining us on this journey.
We invite you to attend #CRS2021 and dream of a cultural renaissance through discussions and intimate relationship building. We also welcome you to be inspired by art mirroring the beauty of our planet that we seek to revitalize and restore through this work.
We hope to see you there.
Jordie, Chante, and Patty
Stay tuned for the official launch of our events page.